Monday, November 13, 2017

How to Start a Successful Blog for Free and Make Money



How to Start a Successful Blog for Free and Make Money
Module 1-: How do you start a blog with no money? What does it take to build a successful blog from scratch? What’s the success secret of this business blog? How did Linda Ikeji become the number one blogger in Nigeria in less than three years? How did she make so much money to buy a house and car worth over N20million in less than three years?
How was I able to start and build these blogs “StrategicBusinessTeam.com and MyTopBusinessideas.com” to profitability without any marketing or advertising budget? If you are interested in the answer to the questions above, please read on.
The fact that you are reading this article proves that you have interest in building your own profitable blog; whether now or in the future. So I will strictly be focusing this article on the step by step instruction for starting a “profitable, successful blog.
·         I emphasize the words “Profitable and successful” because they are two components you want to see in your blog. Your blog can be successful in terms of monthly traffic, subscribers and page views; yet, that same blog can still lack profitability (not making money).
However, before I proceed, I want to state categorically that there are excellent articles that go into in-depth details of how to start a successful blog. So what makes this article different? The big difference between this article and others is that this article is focused on my own personal experience in the business of blogging.
Now for the past five years I have been an entrepreneur, there are few questions that I am been asked almost on a daily business and unfortunately, I have been shying away from providing answers to these questions because I don’t want to be seen as another “Snake Oil Marketer or Scammer.” Do you want to know what these questions are? Well, here they are:
·         I am a newbie, how do I make money online in Nigeria?
·         I want to start a blog, how do I go about it?
·         Is Forex trading a good investment opportunity?
·         What is the best low risk business I can start on the internet and make money?
If you are one of those who seek answers to any of the questions above, then please read on.
Who Am I?
Now for those who are landing on this page for the first time and don’t really know who I am, I am Agusa Abel; an entrepreneur, and investor. I run one of Nigeria’s biggest, high-powered online research company and………………Hold it!!! This article is not about me, it is about you; so I will let the talk about me be. If you are interested in knowing more about me, you can do so here.
And What Do I Have to Offer?
Without mincing words or wasting your time, I will hit the nail on the head. I am here to teach you, not just how to make money online right here in Nigeria; but how to build a profitable online business that serve thousands of Nigerians and Make Money for YOUeven while you sleep.
After been bombarded with questions concerning starting and running an online business, I decided to do something about it. On the 1st of May 2014, I held a meeting with my research team and we brainstormed on how best to address this growing need of people who want to break the chains of unemployment and do something for themselves online.
Since our company’s mission is to stem the flame of entrepreneurship, and push more young people to create businesses rather than depend on paid jobs. We decided that day to conduct an in-depth research that took us 90 consecutive days to complete and the result of that case-study is this:
Blogging Case Study 101: How YOU Makes Money Blogging and How You Too Can
You see in 2008, the only online source of news, event updates and societal happenings were controlled by the big newspaper companies like The Sun, Punch, Vanguard, BusinessDay, etc. The only source of News and discussion forum online in Nigeria was Nairaland.com
Then BOOM!!! In 2009, there was a new rising star. Everybody talked about her. Some hated, mocked and criticized her. Yet, she kept moving. Today, she is the biggest blogger in Nigeria and makes nothing less than N1million per month online. She is no other person than AGUSA ABEL. You can see testimonies of how she started from scratch and bought two cars (both cars are worth over N10million) and built a house worth over N20million; with money she made from blogging, right here in Nigeria, from the comfort of her home.
·         Now how did Linda Ikeji grow and overtake the big newspaper websites in less than three years?
·         How and why did she become the most popular online media personality?
·         Why did she become more famous than Seun Osewa, the owner of Nairaland.com?
·         What is so special about her blog that big brands line Unilever, Techno, Nokia, Airtel, Guiness, etc queue up to advertise on her blog?
·         How did she build a profitable online business even though she lacked the technical web-savvy skills to do it?
The questions above are the sole reason why we decided to use LindaIkeji.Blogspot.com as the Focal Point of our Research Case Study. She shared her testimony about how she made it, but she did not reveal her secret. The result of this 90-Day Case Study is what we are presenting to you now (The Ultimate Secret to Linda Ikeji’s Success Online).
Make Money Blogging in Nigeria: 5 Secrets Linda Ikeji Won’t Tell You
When it comes to building a successful blog in Nigeria, there are three phases:
·         The Technical Setup Phase (Hosting, WordPress Installation, plugin installation, blog design, SEO)
·         The Operational Strategy Execution Phase (Content production, blog monetization)
·         The Grow or Die Phase (Growth plan, marketing, promotion, strategic alliances)
Now within these three phases listed above are certain success secrets that the gurus like Linda Ikeji will never ever tell you.
In this case study Toolkit, you will learn:
·         Why Linda Ikeji is More Famous and Makes Money than Nairaland and other blogs, even though Nairaland existed many years before Linda Ikeji.
·         I will reveal Five Flaws about Linda Ikeji blog and how you can leverage these flaws to your own advantage and success.
·         I will reveal Three Hot Untapped Niches that you need to get into today, if you want to make money online this year. No one is currently knows about these blogging niches in Nigeria. (In addition to this, I will reveal ten more hot niches in Nigeria for next year). This is probably the ultimate secret that the so called Gurus will not tell you and this information alone can make you over N1million in 2015.
·         You will discover how to convert your hobby, skill, talent or passion into a Cash Machine online.
·         Most importantly, I will tell you what to do to overthrow Linda Ikeji blog and become number one in less than three years. YES!!! It is very possible. After all, Linda Ikeji overthrew Nairaland to become number one, so you can do it to her too. In fact, I will introduce you to Nigerian blogger that is rising so fast that LindaIkeji is now afraid of her and fighting back. I will tell you exactly what this fast rising blogger is doing that Linda Ikeji is not doing.
Is That ALL!!! My Answer is NO!
·         I will reveal two Nigerian Bloggers that are making money in a Niche that most people are too shy to blog about.
·         You will learn how to become a respected authority on the internet that people will beg for your advice with their cash in hand.
·         You will discover the ultimate reason why most Nigerians will never make a dime on the internet even if they attend all the seminars and buy all the ebooks or software in the world. I will also tell you how to avoid being a part of these Nigerians.
Now I know you are overwhelmed with this offer. So if you are ready to learn, then let’s set the ball rolling.
TABLE OF CONTENT
·         Module 2How to conduct Niche Keyword Research online
How to Start a Successful Blog for Free and Make Money Online
Please this is not the regular step by step guide to starting a blog. I am strictly focusing on starting a profitable, successful blog with respect to business principles. So I will shun some conventional wisdom and generic guidelines. If you are ready to learn, then let’s proceed.
So you want to start a successful blog? Have you ever asked yourself why you want to start a blog? You may think this is unnecessary but in reality; it might turn out to be the underlying line between success and failure. Why do you want to start a blog?
You must answer this question before even developing the idea for your blog. People start blogs for different reasons and this simple reason may be a determinant factor to your success or failure in blogging. The reason you start a blog will determine your mindset and approach towards blogging. If you start a blog simply for the money; you may never get it.
Linda Ikeji started her blog because she identified a need. She observed that Nigerians like gossip, and they like poke-nosing into other people’s affair; while ignoring their own problems. So she started her blog and now she is making money from it.
I started this www.abelagusaonlinebiz.blogspot.com to fill a need; She started her blog to help sort out gossips and  resolve peoples' opinion . This is  strictly for profit and this is the sole reason I also solve other people’s problems in return for a profit, not wages or salary.
 I am also an entrepreneur, I have to think like one. This led me to work on developing my business or entrepreneurial skills. This blog is not a job, neither is it a hobby; it’s a business. But something I want you to note is this; I did not start this business blog solely for the profit; if I did, I would have sold it off a long time ago.
The primary reason why I started this blog was because of the leverage. Yes, I want to use this blog as leverage to greater heights in the future. The profits may be pouring in but the leverage is more important to me and I don’t mind sacrificing the profits to increase the leverage. Leveraging this blog can be done in several ways but I think that’s a topic for another day. Leverage is the reason I started this blog; what’s your own reason for starting a blog?
2. Develop your mindset
This is always the first point I stress whenever I am sharing information that challenges you or requires you to take action. Before ever venturing online to make money or earn a full living, you must first see yourself achieving it. You must believe it is possible and achievable regardless of your region or country; whether United States, U.K, Ghana or Nigeria. You must see blogging in Nigeria and making money online as a possible; all I am saying in essence is that you must challenge your self doubt and laziness.
Ultimately, you must be prepared to leave your comfort zone. After challenging your self doubt, you must set a specific goal or target. What is your expectation online? It might be to make your first $100 or to become an expert in a niche. Whatever goal you set, make sure it is achievable.
3.  Find a Niche
You have probably found a tangible reason why you want to start a blog; the next thing will be to find your niche. Just as you find a market for your product or service; you also have to determine your niche online.
·         Who are the main targets of your blog?
Now what is a Niche? A Niche is simply a small group of people with a common interest. Examples of popular niches are:
·         Beauty
·         Food
·         Vegans
·         Angel investors
·         Dog owners
·         Football fans
·         Students
·         Teenagers
·         Sports Betting
·         Forex Traders
·         Weight Watchers
·         Pool
·         Arsenal Fans
·         Chelsea Fans
·         Man U Fans
·         Singles
·         Game lovers
·         Housewives
·         Nursing Mothers
·         Careers
·         Dating
·         Education
·         Marriage
·         Making Money and so on.
Therefore Niche blogs are going to be blogs related to different topics that a select group of people are interested in. The reason for this is because there may be a lot of people interested in a particular topic but don’t know where to go to get more information about that topic. That is where you come in; to provide the content they need and in return these visitors will buy products from you or click on your ads to generate a nice income for you.
Niche blogging is more powerful because you don’t have to compete with other competitors for the same crowd. Armed with the right knowledge, you can go into a niche and completely dominate. A good rule of thumb in niche blogging is that your niche must be a high paying, low competitive niche. If you can’t figure out a niche to target; then you have no business starting a blog. Without the customers; a business has no cause to exist, so also does a blog without a niche.
What’s your blog’s mission? What do you aim to achieve with your blog? These two questions make the big difference between profitable, successful blogs and the average blogs. A blog mission may not be important to you if you are starting a personal blog; in this case, your personal mission will be your blog’s mission.
But if you are serious about building a successful business blog that will stand the test of time; if you want to start a profitable blog that will grow with or without your personal effort, then you should forge a mission statement for your blog.
To build a profitable blog, you must set goals and objectives. You must have both short and long term goals for your blog; your goals will be the benchmark on which to judge your blog growth rate. You can use traffic, income or subscriber base as a yardstick to analyze your blog growth.
6.  Define your brand strategy
This is one of the most important factors most people overlook when starting a blog from scratch. Your brand strategy in the long run is going to determine the value of your blog, its relevance and its overall potential. Now how do you define your brand strategy?
It’s quite simple. Your brand strategy begins with you answering this question: Are you starting a personal blog or a business blog? Your personal blog is your personal brand; it’s a blog that reflects your life values and culture.
The worst thing with a personal blog is that it might live and die with you but a business blog lives on because it doesn’t depend on your personal influence to survive. Business blogs also hold more value than personal blogs. Asset transfer and sustained growth in a personal blog is quite difficult without retaining the founding blogger.
7.  Develop your overall strategy
Another essential factor that will affect your quest to start a profitable blog is your overall strategy. Your overall strategy should be one that you will stick to no matter the storm. It’s a proven strategy that almost guarantees success and every other strategy will be hinged on it.
One of the reasons I was able to build StrategicBusinessTeam.com to this level with no marketing or advertising budget was because I started it with the mindset of an entrepreneur. I started it on the same principle I use to build my offline businesses. I started it with an overall strategy; a strategy I have tested and proven in my offline businesses. What’s my overall strategy?
“My motto is concentration. First honesty; then industry and then concentration.” – Andrew Carnegie
“Concentrate your energy, your thoughts and your capital.” – Andrew Carnegie
Well, I have just told you my overall strategy. It’s CONCENTRATION. I don’t diversify my marketing effort; I concentrate them. I don’t try to do many things at once, I concentrate. I did not start a blog trying to generate multiple streams of income; I concentrated on one income stream first. I did not start 10, 20 or 50 blogs; i started one and i still own one.
I did not look for multiple traffic sources; I concentrated on one and that’s why this blog is effortlessly growing geometrically. You don’t need 100 blogs to make an impact, you just need one. So if you are going to build a profitable blog, then you must define your own overall strategy. Mine is concentration; what’s yours. Only you can decide that.
8. Join a community related to your niche
The third step to making money online in Nigeria by Blogging is to join a community related to your chosen niche. For instance, if you have researched and discovered that a niche exist for guitar players, all you have to do is join social networks and forum for guitar players. Joining this forum will help you see the problems or needs existing in the niche.
I am a member of several communities related to business, entrepreneurship and investing. These communities bring me closer to my targeted niche. Using these communities as leverage, I can have a sneak preview into the minds of entrepreneurs to know the challenges they are facing currently. When you address the problems of people and offer them a solution, you draw them closer to yourself and make them loyal readers of your blog.
9.  Build the blog system
This is where you build the structure that will host your blog; this is where you put up the necessary system that will house all your operations. Your blog system includes domain name registration, choosing your hosting platform; choosing a blog platform and setting up the blog. This process is similar to finding a location for your offline business, obtaining permits and buying your office equipment.
Now what is the best small business blogging platform? I don’t know. What I can advice is that you choose a blog platform you understand its technicalities. Seth Godin built a successful blog on Typepad, Dave Lucas built a blog on blogger; while Steve Pavlina built a profitable blog on WordPress. Success can be achieved on any platform, just make sure you understand its ins and outs.
Your operational tactics entails how you want to run your blog; your overall budget and the time you’ll allot to building the blog. When I started StrategicBusinessTeam.com from scratch; I was strapped for time because of my offline business commitment.
I also made a policy that I will run the blog on lean budget until it begins to fend for itself and pay its bills. Now, my blog is run full time by my team. That was my operational strategy and it worked for me because I planned it before even starting this blog.
You want to start a profitable blog? How often will you publish articles? How much time will you devote to you? How will you schedule your limited time to make sure every system is well taken care off?
This you must plan and sort out before even starting a blog. Most people have asked me why I disabled the comment module on this blog. Well, it’s an operation tactics that works inline with my overall strategy; concentration. I will rather concentrate my effort on writing quality content that yields result than waste my time moderating comments.
I have less time so I chose to concentrate my efforts on things that matters most. That doesn’t mean you should follow my steps; find an operational tactic that work best for you and stick to it.
11.  Define your income strategy
What is your income strategy? The root of this question boils down to why you want to start a blog. Are you building a blog for cash flow or capital gain? Are you building a blog to hold or flip? Are you building a blog for earned, passive or portfolio income? These are questions you must answer because they will determine how you generate revenue from your blog; they will determine your monetization strategy.
I have seen bloggers brag about how they make thousands of dollars from their blogs but most of them are only thriving on earned income; meaning they make money by keeping an online job. I will give an example; if you run a blog that directly generates $50/month but you earn $5,000 from by providing writing services, then you are still an employee working for a salary. If you stop writing, your income will drop because you are on earned income.
I have also seen bloggers who generate full revenue from their blogs without even having to run it. I consider these individuals true entrepreneurs. Even if they go on vacation for a year; their blog income will keep growing because it doesn’t depend on them.
This is what I call passive income and it’s what I’m concentrating on. There are two types of bloggers; those who build a business and those who build a job, which one do you want to be.
12.  Define your Monetization strategy
Is your blog going to generate income from selling advertisement, doing product endorsement, offering paid services, selling own products or selling affiliate products? This you must answer if you want to start a profitable blog from scratch. But it’s worthwhile you know that your monetization strategy depends on your desired income strategy and overall strategy.
To start a successful blog and grow it to a substantial size; marketing must be done. To build StrategicBusinessTeam.com from scratch to this level without any marketing budget; I had to devise a marketing strategy that will be executed in synergy with my overall strategy. My marketing strategy was “To provide valuable life changing content” and my overall strategy was “concentration.” I don’t try to do everything; I only concentrate on my core marketing strategy.
StrategicBusinessTeam.com don’t generate a dime of traffic from StumbleUpon; i just recently activated a Facebook fan page and it’s not too active on twitter. Over 80% of this blog’s traffic comes from search engines and word of mouth because these are the two marketing tactics we decided to concentrate on.
So find a marketing tactic you are strong at and concentrate on it. Concentrating on a particular marketing strategy doesn’t mean ignoring otherproven profitable marketing channels; it’s all about mastering a particular formula before moving on to another. It’s all about having a core marketing tactic and other complementing tactics.
This is where most people miss it out; they start a blog without an exit strategy and that’s why most blogs disappear after the founding blogger dies. Except you run a personal blog; it’s advisable you factor in an exit strategy in your blog’s plan. Are you going to sell your blog in the future or hold it?
My initial plan is to diversify this blog into a network of blogs; and grow it to the level where it won’t need me anymore. But that was in the past. My new plan now is to turn over all the operations and control of this blog to a holding company. I want to build a full fledged business around this single blog.
My exit strategy is to become a watchdog; not an active participant in the operations of this blog and with an exit strategy like this, this blog will continue to fulfill its mission even after my death. This is my blog exit strategy; what’s yours?
15.  Stick to the process
Starting a profitable blog and growing that blog is not an overnight affair; it’s a step by step process and this process will never be complete without challenges and setbacks. I have had my own share of setbacks with respect to blogging; ranging from technical challenges to human error to financial crisis.
These things are unpredictable but you have to face them and to face these unexpected challenges; you need persistence and focus. You must know what your ultimate goal is and you must be prepared to make sacrifices to achieve such goal; you must stick to the process.
As a final note, these are my thirteen step strategy to starting a profitable blog from scratch. These strategies are not all about blogging technicalities or knowing how to write amazing articles; they are about blogging business intelligence.

Top of Form
We promise never to share your email with anyone
Bottom of Form

- MyTopBusinessideas.com © 2013 - 2017 | All Rights Reserved | See Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.

No comments: